For the 98 years of its existence, the primary goal of the Music Study Club was the development and stimulation of musical interest in its members and in its outreach to the community.
The Pensacola Music Study Club was founded by Mrs. Charles Hervey in 1919. The first few meetings were held in the San Carlos Hotel. Other meeting places included the Elks Club Ball Room, “The
Barn”, Christ Church Parish House, and the Pensacola Garden Club.
The club became the nucleus of musical activity for both the amateur and professional musicians of the city and for Navy personnel stationed here. The club was dissolved in 2017.